Alan the Chef
Alan has a vast career and experience wearing a diversity of chefs hats, from opening the largest hotel in Paris, working in Michelin star restaurants, cooking for Royalty such as Prince Charles, Prince Rainier, Princess Grace, to heads of state such as Presidents and Prime Ministers, Hollywood celebrities from the world of film, TV and stage, whilst also cooking for music legends such as Franck Sinatra, Michael Jackson and many more.
Alan`s activities also encompass a variety of promotional media activities such as TV , press and radio interviews that also help promote positive relations and publicity to a wider and more varied audience.
Culinary Events and activities
International Judge: Alan is the President of the iTi chefs jury ( International Taste Institute of Brussels ), leading and representing a team of over 100 leading International Michelin star chefs and Presidents of all leading European culinary bodies.
The chefs jury independently blind tastes and evaluates the gustatory and olorific values of ingredients from around the world.
Additionally as a multi award winner himself on the international competition platform, Alan judges for a diverse variety of culinary competitions such as the “ Young Disciple of Escoffier” award .
Diplomatic Culinary events: Alan was invited by the British Prime Minister’s office to assist with the "GREAT" campaign in a role of culinary diplomacy whilst promoting British gastronomy, in countries such as India, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Jamaica, Mexico, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Alan`s diplomatic culinary role helps to breaks down barriers , opens relationship opportunities, business opportunities, widens friendships and breaks down communication challenges.
Alan`s activities range from small private VIP lunches and dinner events, cooking for Ambassadors, large gala VIP banquets, speeches and cookery demonstrations.
Such activities within these countries also incorporate training for chefs and culinary students as well as ensuring positive diplomatic working relations.
As the world becomes more challenging, this diplomatic culinary role is needed more now than ever!.
Chef Events and activity examples:
Dinner for 100 guests at The Excelsior 5 star hotel, Venice, Italy.
An 8 hand event where Alan cooked main course with 2 Michelin star chef Lionello Cera, Chef Damiano Brocchini and Lurii Kovryzhenko Ukrainian Ambassador for gastronomy.
Guest chef for a corporate dinner for 120 at the Kempinski hotel Lithuania
Guest chef for business leaders dinner Latvia
Take 4 chefs Dinner event for 150 guests at the 5 star Fairmont hotel Kiev, Ukraine:
Alan put together a team to deliver a gastronomic event in Kiev with 1 Michelin star chef Daniel Galmiche, and micro herb chef specialist and author Franck Pontais.
Alan delivered a culinary “Team Building” event for a private Swiss/German pharmaceutical company cooking with 180 doctors, scientists, and pharmaceutical professionals. Lisbon Portugal.
Private dinner events and functions for the British Ambassador to Slovenia and the British Chamber of Commerce 10th year Anniversary celebrations Ljubljana, Slovenia.
VIP function for the British Ambassador to Lithuania and British Chamber of Commerce at the 5 star Kempinski hotel, Vilnius, Lithuania.
VIP Function for the British Ambassador to Latvia and British Chamber of commerce 20 year anniversary celebrations Latvia.
Evening cookery demonstration and canapé party for 200 guests at the British Ambassador’s residence in Kingston, Jamaica.
Canapé event for the announcement of the “100 Best chefs of the World” “Le chef magazine” in Monte Carlo.
Private canape party for 13 of the wealthiest people in Monte Carlo held on board a luxury yacht moored off Monte Carlo, Monaco (each guest has a net worth of more than 300 million euro).
A variety of private lunches, functions, cookery demonstrations for the British Chamber of Commerce and British High Commissioner to India.
Alan’s past culinary roles includes.............
- Loews hotel, Monte Carlo : working with a brigade of 65 chefs within the Luxury hotels diverse restaurant operations, including the Foie Gras: 1 Michelin star restaurant
- Le Pistou : Provincial Mediterranean restaurant
- Le Café Jardin: All day dinning
Folie Rousse: Function room banqueting for 1000 guests
- Guard manger production kitchen. (4 years)
- Head Chef: Alan opened the largest 4 star hotel based in Paris and was an integral part of the opening crew of Euro Disney Paris. The hotel with 1,098 rooms , (3,000 guests on 100% occupancy and led a brigade of 68 International chefs)
- In addition to this Alan was responsible for his culinary brigade, the day to day running of two restaurants, the terrace restaurant , all room service and three function suites, as well as the responsibility of food ordering and stock of around $2 million per week and 5 storekeepers.(1 year)
- Executive chef: Baxter’s of Speyside: Scotland’s leading food producer and visitors centre delivering cookery demonstrations, re-designing the visitor centre restaurant servery, improving quality of options and standards, speed efficiency of service and doubling the financial revenue
- Alan also developed and implemented an upmarket a la carte restaurant based on the banks of the River Spey ( Gordon Room restaurant) as well as looked after private VIP catering activities. (3.5 years)
- Chef /Patron: Award winning restaurant “Taste of Magic” based in Port St Mary Isle of Man
- And Exec head Chef : Woodfords and the Top Table restaurants Douglas IOM. (4 years total)
Other work activities within his career development:
- Chef Lecturer and tutor, Hull catering college, developing NVQs for City and Guilds (3 years)
- Asst Catering Manager, Derbyshire county council and judges lodgings, Derby (3 years)
- Private chef and outside catering business Derbyshire (2 years)
- Head Chef Stables restaurant Homesford near Matlock Derbyshire (1 year)
- Chef de Partie, 4 star Hotel Nottinghamshire (6 months)
- Chef de Partie, Red Lion gastro pub, Derbyshire (9 months)
- Commis chef , 4 star Villiers hotel, Isle of Man (1 year full time and previously during college holidays)
- Commis chef, Grasmere Grill, Douglas, Ilse of Man (1 year during college holidays)
Cookery demonstrations and masterclasses in 2019 include ...
- Mougins Michelin star chef’s event: cookery demonstrations given in Mougins, Cannes, France with leading Michelin star chefs
- British Food Festivals and cookery demonstrations to the general public in locations across the UK
- Master class to 70 Chefs in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Master class to 800 chefs from the Baltic States in Kiev, Ukraine
- Cookery demo’s to press and media as well as a demo to VIP guest to the British Ambassador Riga, Latvia
- Cookery demo’s to chefs and general public, Chisinau, Moldova
- Cookery Demo to 200 guests at the British Ambassador’s residence Kingston, Jamaica
- Cookery demonstration to 100 guests at the British Chamber of commerce 10th year celebrations Ljubljana Slovenia
- Other cookery demonstrations include food shows and food festivals in countries such as Mexico, Serbia, South Africa and Bulgaria
Tel UK mobile: 07595 992736