Pickles and Chutneys
Ale Gar Vinaigre
Ancient Greek Vinaigre
Oriental style chicken soup
Fish such as salmon may be used instead of chicken .
This recipe was taken from my “Ready in Minutes” © cookbook. Alan coxon recipe copyright ©
175g chicken breast skins removed
450g fresh baby spinach stalks removed and leaves washed
6 slices of pickled pink ginger
4 spring onions finely shredded lengthways
2 cloves garlic finely crushed
1.2 litre chicken stock
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tsp castor sugar
1 small Thai chilli, seeded and chopped fine
3-talbsp Nam pla (fish sauce)
2-talbsp Alan Coxon`s Ancient Greek vinegar
16 leaves of purple sprouting basil, roughly torn
30g bean sprouts
1. Combine the chicken, garlic, onion, 1 table spoon of soy sauce, and one table spoon of Nam pla and set aside
2. In a wok, bring the chicken stock to the simmer and add the chilli, sugar and lemon juice
3. When simmering, gently lower in the chicken breast into the stock along with any of its marinade.
4. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes gently
5. Add the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken has cooked. At the last few seconds, add the purple basil leaves.
6. Remove from the heat and add the remaining Ancient Greek vinegar, soy sauce and Nam pla 7. Carefully remove the chicken and slice thinly
8. Pour the stock into bowls, with a good amount of the spinach and top with some fresh bean sprouts.
9. Add the slices of chicken and sprinkle with the peanuts
10. Scatter over fresh leaves of basil and serve immediately
Browse Recipes By Course
Browse Recipes By Dish