1.Pre heat the oven to 200c/400f
2. Roll out the pastry into circle approx ½ cm thick and prick all over with a fork
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and add the eggs slowly until well incorporated.
4. Add the ground almonds and mix thoroughly Spread a thin layer of the almond cream over the pastry evenly and equally
5. Place the slices of apple in a circular pattern neatly on the pastry circle overlapping the apple slices slightly.
6. Sprinkle with the icing sugar and place into a pre heated oven for around 25 minutes or until golden and crisp
7. Serve with a little cream or ice cream