1. mix together the groundnutmeg, cinnamon and castor sugar and place on a plate.
2. mix together the egg yolk and cream and place into a large bowl.
3. melt butter in a heavy based pan
4. dip the bread into the egg mix and coat both sides, drain off any excess.
5. dip the bread into the cinnamon sugar, shake off excess and carefully place into the butter.
6. fry off gently until brown on both sides.
for the casserole
1. place the butter and sugar into a pan and dissolve gently, 2 add the cranberries.
3. add the apples and stir
4. add the brandy, cinnamon stick star anise adn lemon juice, cook rapidly.
5. add the cider bring to the boil.
6. pour the casserole over the cinnamon toast and serve with creme fraiche or natural yoghurt.